Friday, February 20, 2009

The Way the Ball Bounces to Africa and Back


The Ball has been bouncing around lately... to Africa, and, now, on my way back!

I'm sitting in the Kilimanjaro Cafe in the Manda Hill Shopping Center in Lusaka, Zambia. The Kilimanjaro has a good, solid internet connection, and a decent cappuccino.

Life is good!

I've just completed a 7-day intensive Apologetics course at the Trans-Africa Theological College in Kitwe, Zambia. We had 31 students this year. For pre-work, I had them read and review The Case for Christ and The Case for Faith, two excellent apologetical books by Lee Strobel. For the exam, I asked them to write on African Apologetics, and an African Response to a Rival Religion On the Ground in Africa.

I got some very thoughtful responses.

Here's a photo I took on the bus trip down to Lusaka this morning. The bus was packed! (They always are -- they don't leave until they are full!).

Update -- can't upload the photo... life IS good; but it's not THAT good!

I'll upload the photo when I can...

And that's the way the stymied Ball bounces.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy to hear your time teaching in Africa went good again.
Yes, life is good when God is your teacher and Lord.
Betty G

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"