Friday, November 20, 2009

New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary




The Come, Let Us Reason Apologetics Conference is taking place on the campus of the New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary. What a magnificent campus it is! Spacious southern-style grounds and buildings. A magnificent chapel. NOBTS -- I've got a new acronym!

It's Friday morning; I'll be commenting on the presentations, but, for now, I just want to show you a few pictures, including the Jeep rental SUV I got -- how did that happen?! Travel tip: book your rental cars on Travelocity. Trust me.

I'm headed downtown. Beignets!

Later.

3 comments:

Some Guy said...

Never call a Jeep an SUV! Trust me, I did that around a Jeep owner once. Man, did I get an earful!

BallBounces said...

Here's the thing: my rental contract called for an "Intermediate SUV"; the Jeep was parked in the Intermediate SUV line of vehicles!!

But I get your point, I think.

But if it's not a sports utility vehicle, what is it?

I guess a Jeep owner would say, "It's a Jeep!"

BallBounces said...

The Jeep is a bit of a stubborn holdout -- you have to lock the doors manually, and I can't find an in-cabin way of adjusting the side mirrors. I think it wants to remind us what it was, and what it still claims to be -- a Jeep, when that's all there was in that class of, er, utility vehicle.

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"