Saturday, February 27, 2010

There are only two kinds of people... (1)

There are only two kinds of people...

Those who litter, and those who don't. I was behind a guy in Phoenix today who falls into the latter category. Driving a huge late-model luxury SUV. Stopped at an intersection. Suddenly a cranked-up paper towel falls from the window to the pavement below. I give him a disapproving honk (but not so disapproving that he will come at me with his piece, if he's packin' one, and you know he is, if you catch my drift. One of the risks of being in Arizona.

I was raised in the Ontario school system in the 50s and 60s. Somewhere along the way I was taught not to litter. It stuck with me. And, it makes sense. Respect others, respect the environment.

In fact, sometimes if I've got a spare minute, I'll go around and pick up OPL -- other people's litter. Did some of that yesterday at an Urgent Care Centre.

I'll betcha a person that litters is also the kind of person that....

(to be continued when the light turns green).

And that's the way the leaving-the-envirionment-better-than-I-found-it Ball bounces.

(What's up with the hyphenation of words -- I have no idea. It ain't me, babe, it's Blogger you're lookin' for, babe.

2 comments:

The_Iceman said...

Aren't most paper towels biodegradeable? Save your honks for plastic.

Fred from BC said...

Impound their vehicles for 30 days. I despise litterbugs; my generation was raised to use garbage cans...why can't they?

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"