Saturday, March 27, 2010

Second-Annual Let-There-Be-Light Day

Tonight, at 8pm. daylight-local-time, I will set my house ablaze, figuratively speaking. The reason? I shall be sending a light-signal into the far reaches of space in a noble attempt to communicate my presence to intelligent life on other planets. NASA does this with a budget of billions; I'll be doing it at a cost of around thirty-nine cents.

While others "go dark" in the name of an enfeebled, guilt-ridden, CO2-poisoned, heat-drenched humanity, I say, along with that other Absolutely Splendid Chap, "Let there be Light!".

And that's the way the luminescent Ball bounces.

2 comments:

Joe said...

I heard that 'earth hour' began at 8:30 EDT so I left all my lights off. Of course I didn't need them because here it was only 6:30 MDT and the sun was still up.

Then I thought if it is 8:30 local time since they can't shut down the coal fired generator for an hour I had better turn on all my lights so all that generated but not consumed electricity wouldn't go to waste. I noticed my neighbours agreed with me.

BallBounces said...

I was off by 30 minutes.

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"