Sunday, August 01, 2010

A Solution to the USA's Problems

"I want our citizens to know we have some of the bravest police officers and firefighters in the country," Parks said. "But we don’t have the money to pay them. We have to have fiscal responsibility."
Maybe the federal government should simply extend the right to print money to the state and municipal levels.

Then, like the feds, they wouldn't have to worry about annoying details such as having, you know, money to pay people and "fiscal responsibility".

I hope the US can pull out of its present problems and get its debt/deficit under control. It seems to me that by continuing to print money they are just putting off a day of painful economic reckoning.

I hope I'm wrong, because if I'm right, it's not going to be good for anybody.

No comments:

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"