Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Air Canada's Really, Really, Really Lame Contest Video

Departing Toronto Pearson                     Image via Wikipedia
Dear Ball Bounces,
Air Canada is your springboard to the world, and never more so than right now. Our Win the World contest is back and better than ever: there are over 3,000 instant prizes and eleven Grand Prizes up for grabs.
For people with nothing better to do than watch a young couple prance around on their computer screen for ten minutes while Air Canada a) inquires into your vitals, and b) bombards you with advertising.  The two worst bits -- spend 5 minutes on the first screens and up at the top right it says 1 of 8. One of eight??!! How long does it take to enter a stupid contest??!!  The second: at the end of it all, it says, Play Again. Play Again?? Are you kidding me?  The third worst bit -- the music in the opening intro. Hit the mute key before your brain meltsszzz.

Some advertising agency took itself way, way too seriously.

Do not, I beg you, do not click on this link.

Win the World with Air Canada.

I warned you.

OK. Am I right? Or is this contest video, I don't know, edgy, playful, etc. Let me know if I'm seriously wrong.

And that's the way the should-I-prance-about Ball bounces.

PS -- Air Canada: if I win the contest, all is forgiven; you da greatest!


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"