Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The "I've Got A Secret" Kid's Theme Song: "I'm In With The It Crowd"

Coat of arms of Toronto                Image via Wikipedia
One of the dilemmas the "progressive" Toronto couple has regarding their I've-got-a-secret gender-neutral kid is this: what songs can we sing to shim/heshe/shehe? Can't sing boy songs if he's a boy; that's reinforcing gender stereotypes. Can't sing girl songs if he's a boy; that would by lying and arguably abusive. What to do, what to do?

The Ball Bounces to the rescue. Raising a kid as a genderless "it"? Here we go. To the tune of "I'm In With The In Crowd".

I'm in with the "it" crowd;
I go where the "it"crowd goes.
I'm in with the "it"crowd;
And I know what the "it" crowd knows.
Any time of the year, don’t you hear?
Dressin' fine; makin' time.
We breeze up and down the street;
We may get looks from the people we meet.

They make way day or night;
They know the "it"crowd is out of sight.
I'm in with the "it" crowd;
I know every boygirl glance
When you've in with the "it" crowd,
It's so easy to find romance!
Any time of the year, don't you hear?
If it's square, we ain't there.
We make every minute count;
Our share is always the biggest amount.
Other girlguys look like us, but the original is still the greatest.
"It" crowd!

And that's the way the Ball bounces.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Cranky or Just A Crank said...

What this really comes down to is plain and simple media whoring on the part of the parents.

They are getting exactly what they want - high profile newspaper coverage and lots of buzz on the blogs. If it weren't all about the parents we would never had heard about them and they would have lived their eccentric lives in obscurity.

It's a shame (for them not everyone else) that Oprah has hung it up. These clowns would be perfect for the oprah crowd. Is Maury still running?

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"