Thursday, June 16, 2011

Canadian of the Day: Matthew

Now for a bit of positive reporting to balance the dreary subject matter of recent posts. This post is on the whole Canadian student loan brouhaha ("poor me, the government lent me all this money and now they expect me to pay it back!").
"You could have saved money before attending university or you could have worked part-time (as I did for the whole of my university education). Whether you depended on OSAP or you used it to finance four years of good times, you borrowed money from the government which means you borrowed it from every citizen and it is your responsibility and no one else’s to make sure that you honour the agreement." -- Matthew
Matthew is on his way to becoming a fine conservative and a distinguished citizen contributing to Canadian society. Well said, Matthew.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"