Monday, June 20, 2011

The Vancouver Riot: “Pleaaseee, not the treees!!!!” (UPDATED)

VANCOUVER, BC - JUNE 15:  Riot police stand in...Image by Getty Images via @daylife
 The Vancouver Riot: “Pleaaseee, not the treees!!!!

Rioting 101 circa 2011: Looting fun/harming trees very, very bad (insert Seinfeld finger wag here).

An environmentally sensitive blogger "apologizes" for looting while suggesting certain Canadians should leave the country.

Memo to self: If I get caught in a wrong-doing, apologize, and leave it at that.

Update: The poster has apparently taken the Ball Bounces advice to heart and stripped her post of extraneous commentary, including the "please not the trees" bit. As it now stands, it's a decent apology -- good for her.

This post was based on the original, which you can still find here. The relevant tree-bit is/was this:
As many of you already know, I am majoring in Conservation Biology at UBC. I strongly belirve in ecological conservation and sustainability. That night, I saw a few people that were trying to knock trees down. So what did I do? I yelled at them, saying “Pleaaseee, not the treees!!!!” And what did they do? They stopped. And I felt like a hero.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"