Monday, August 22, 2011

Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) and the Rogers Stick

Lime pickleImage via Wikipedia
I upgraded to Mac OS X Lion yesterday. Slick.

This morning, tried to use my Rogers stick at The Pickle Barrel where I was enjoying their $4.99 40th Anniversary breakfast special.

Got a "no service" message. Called Rogers. Raj told me they need to create a new driver for OS X 10.7. Will post on their website rogers.com/techsupport when it's ready.

Now, I'm in a pickle. You could say Apple and Rogers have got me over a barrel.

And that's the way the Ball bounces.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Alain said...

As I was thinking of getting a new iMac (Lion version) and also relay on Rogers for internet access with their Rocket Hub, I appreciate learning about this issue. I gather you have their Rocket Stick, so we would be in the same boat. I have tried to find out the status of the situation with Rogers, but they say it is up to the manufacturer of the hub to make it compatible and they have no idea when that may be. I couldn't find anything more on this, so another post in the future once you know more would be appreciated. Thanks.

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"