Thursday, November 17, 2011

It's Samaritan's Purse Week In Canada

Our kitchen table is full of stuff collected over the last two years for the Samaritan's Purse kids. What a glorious sight!  We got busy last year and didn't get any shoe-boxes done. We're making up for it this year!  My wife is in charge of the operation. I contribute "stuff" as I come across it. My biggest coup this year was getting these little floating rubber ducky things from a pool/patio store in Phoenix. They gave us one every time we visited the store. Don't worry, we bought $1,000 in patio furniture, so they did OK by us.

It's Samaritan's Purse week in Canada, because "Next Week is Collection Week!".

Christmas shoe-boxes for the kids. The words of Jesus never cease to inspire.

Are you filling a Samaritan's Purse shoe-box this year?


2 comments:

Charles said...

Thanks for the reminder. We have our boxes sitting here and never seem to have the time. Saturday will have to be the day.

BallBounces said...

Hey Charles, you made my day. I did get to eat a left-over raspberry candy-cane tonite, so that I was a bonus!

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"