Monday, May 21, 2012

Great Moments in Google Ads...

WASHINGTON, DC - SEPTEMBER 21:  Steve Bauer (R...
(Image credit: Getty Images via @daylife)
I once did a search on tooth whiteners and got Google ad offers for about a year. I think if I had taken them up on their offers my teeth would be translucent by now. This morning, I got this: "Meet Arab Singles". I just cannot imagine what I did to warrant this ad. I just had to click.

Any other Google ad stories out there?

PS. If you make a love connection as a result of this post, I want an invitation to the wedding.

4 comments:

Anon1152 said...

Had you been reading anything recently about the Middle East?

BallBounces said...

Ah.
No, not ah. Ah-ha!

Thank you, Anon1152.

I did a Google search on what impact Israel bombing Iran would have on the price of oil. (I assume the price of oil would spike.)

That's got to be it.

However, in the past when I access the Jerusalem Post, I have not been inundated with Meet A Nice Jewish Girl ads.

Anon1152 said...

It's more than a little creepy, the way algorithms are tracking us, and trying to give us what we want.

Could be worse though. (Or funnier). Years ago, when I was first getting together with my wife, she said that when she was using Gmail she'd see lots of sappy, "lovey-dovey" ads. One day (the only day, I swear!) she was mad at me while writing an email, and the ad that popped up said "I used to miss him, but lately, my aim's been improving".

Anon1152 said...

Oh, by the way: chances are you haven't been inundated by "meet a nice Jewish Girl" ads because the internet already knows (or suspects) from your surfing habits that you aren't Jewish.

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"