Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Ball Bounces To The Toyota Service Shop -- And Comes Out Ahead!!! FINAL UPDATE: I drop the Vase

Basil Fawlty
Basil Fawlty (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
The Ball bounced over to his friendly Toyota dealer in Charlottetown PEI for some annual servicing -- cabin air filter, oil change, tire rotation, rust check, a whack of fluids at the 150K mark. And, here's the deal. I got a coffee from their coffee-maker, and left without paying a dime!

I'm ahead!! For the first time in my life (channeling my inner Basil Fawlty) I'm ahead!!!!

updates to follow...

UPDATE1: I pocketed the keys by mistake, got a call around 2:00 pm, do I have the keys and I could I drop by with them. I do. While I am there, I help myself to another free cup of coffee!!!

I still haven't paid a dime!!!

Outgoing evil laugh:  Bwaahahahaha!

UPDATE2: I get "the call". I need a front brakes job, and will have to leave the car in overnight.

FINAL: I get the "pink slip". I drop the vase. Fluids, oil change, in-cabin air filter, headlamp, front brakes: $647 on the nose.

Minus two bucks for "free" coffee. D'oh!

And that's the way the vase-dropping Ball bounces.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Mr. Lorne said...

My Toyota dealer always has free coffe or tea.

To further your Basil Fawlty analogy, just be careful that you don't drop your vase.

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"