Monday, February 25, 2013

Washington Post: Concern over woman killed in abortion an 'illegal violation of her privacy'


On Thursday, she wrote a column entitled, “Woman loses her life and then her privacy after an abortion.”.... She expressed anger and outrage, not at the death (which she termed “tragic”), but at the fact that demonstrators outside the clinic had learned the victim's name and, she assumes, her medical history.... “The protesters are exploiting this woman’s death and making other women think that their privacy is never truly protected when they seek an abortion.”

That, she wrote, “is cruel.”
I think losing one's life to abortion is cruel.

Related articles
Enhanced by Zemanta

6 comments:

Anon1152 said...

Most abortion related deaths happen in countries where abortion is illegal or heavily restricted.

http://www.who.int/reproductivehealth/topics/unsafe_abortion/magnitude/en/index.html

BallBounces said...

And very rarely a medical necessity.

I registered at the local Phoenix library today and ordered a bunch of books including Umberto Eco's Foucault's Pendulum.

Anon1152 said...

It took me months to get through Foucault's Pendulum the first time. But I thought it was worth it.

*

As for abortion, there have been cases of medically necessary abortions being refused, leading to the woman's death. For example:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Savita_Halappanava

Though I'm sure you have seen a different spin put on that case.

*

BallBounces said...

I'll have three weeks to sample it and if I like it I'll probably get it on Kindle or Amazon Used.

Anon1152 said...

This is making me want to read it again. I hope I like it as much as before.

BallBounces said...

You'll spot stuff you missed first time 'round.

"... nothing intellectually compelling or challenging.. bald assertions coupled to superstition... woefully pathetic"